Thursday, July 17, 2008

Excel at Excel

This is not a paid advertisement.

I am a bookkeeper, a keeper of the books my daughter likes to say. I have Quickbooks and Excel, but I really only use Quickbooks. It is mostly all I have ever needed, but when I saw a class being offered for Microsoft Excel by Fred Pryor Seminars I thought I would give it a try. I wondered if the reason I wasn't using Excel more was because I just didn't know much about it.

I took the class that was being taught by a man named Jaime Chailland. Both the class and the instructor were great. I learned so much. I have slightly increased my usage of the program, but considerably increased my understanding of it. I was able to "clean up" a bit what I had already been using it for and make the worksheets much more user friendly and seeing as how I am the user, that made it all the better.

I highly recommend the class. Now, one of my classmates told me that she had taken many similar classes (she did not mention any names of instructors or companies) and told me that she was pleasantly surprised at how entertaining our instructor was, that many of them are dry and boring, so kudos to Jaime.

No comments: