Friday, August 1, 2008

Our vacation 2008 Part 6

Thursday, July 31, 2008

We went back to the mall today. We walked around for a while and Bob got a remote control helicopter. Matthew had gotten one the first time we to the mall, but I guess Bob wanted one too. Michael got something that goes in his sneaker and keeps track of the distance and speed that he runs. Jacob wanted one too, but we wouldn’t let him spend his money on it. We had some lunch and then headed home.

Friday, August 1, 2008

Our last day here. We decided to go to Baltimore for a little while. Rabbi Mishkin suggested that we go to Inner Harbor. We got a late start and arrived there around noon. I stopped into the visitor’s center and got some info. We went into some type of indoor shopping center, not really a mall though. We ate and the portions were HUGE and it wasn’t even that good. We were hoping to find a kosher restaurant, but we were too hungry to hunt for one.
We did some shopping. Bob and the kids went into ESPN zone and I went into a Barnes and Noble. One by one, each child arrived in the bookstore. I knew that one day my influence would show itself. I bought a guestbook for the house we were staying in. They did not have one.
Then we walked around the corner and we all sat down for a little while. We had done quite a bit of walking. Hannah took great delight at chasing the birds. She literally shouted with glee as she ran them out of town. We stopped at a shoe store and got Hannah a pair of sneakers and a couple of pairs of socks. Then we headed back to the truck and drove home.
We had all of our left over food for dinner. We packed everything up that we could and packed up the trailer. We cleaned up as much as we could too.
We had a nice vacation and I am happy that we went. I would have preferred to spend more time in DC and Annapolis. I probably would have enjoyed Baltimore too. Too bad we didn’t get to spend more time there. I never did make it back to BBU.

No comments: