Monday, May 21, 2007

9/21/07 Sunday Dinners

9/21/07 Sundays seem to be the best day for family barbecues. Saturdays are just too darn busy, sooooooo, Sunday it is.

Yesterday we had one of my dearest friends and her family over. Well, I should mention that her husband is my husband's brother, but that is besides the fact. Her name is Sherrie. She just started a new errand business. She runs most kinds of errands for people. She has always done it, now she will get paid for it.

For the grown ups I bought Delmonico Steaks. For the children I bought stew meat chunks and put them on skewers. The kids loved their shish-ka-bobs and we loved our steaks. I sprinkled liberally with Emeril's Steak Rub and grilled. We also had salad and my SIL made her world famous potato salad.

They also brought their dog, Harley. They will be staying at our house while we are in Arizona, so I wanted them to come over so I could show her how to work all of the weird things in our home, like the broken dishwasher, all of the crazy light switches (my husband is an electrical contractor), etc. We also wanted to be sure the dogs would get along well. Our Zoey would not stop barking at Harley. She was making me bonkers. Her insuperable bark would reverberate through my body. Eventually we put her in a room where she could not see Harley. All three of our dogs are female German Shepherds. Harley is an American Bulldog.

No comments: