Saturday, May 19, 2007

5/19/07 My honor kid can beat up your Pomeranian!

Yesterday my nephew had a big baseball game. It was the state finals and they won. It is alot of fun to watch young people enjoying themselves. I had not seen his brother (my other nephew) through almost the whole game so I called him on his cell to see where he was. After he told me I said, "Well, I am right beside third base if you want to come over and see me". when I hung up a girlfriend asked if I thought he would come. He did, and he gave me a big hug and a kiss. In the last few months he has grown at least 6 inches. He was already taller than me, but now he towers over me.

My oldest daughter is fluent in sign language. She is a junior and was asked to sign at the graduation ceremony this morning for the seniors. I think it is such an honor and we are so proud of her.

It is interesting how our children excel. My second daughter has been asked, and often accepts, to read the Torah on Shabbat (Saturday morning Temple Service). I love seeing her up there, my oldest son, and his younger brother of 2 years, both play baseball. They really are quite good. Of course, the older one is little better, he has had more experience and is stronger, but they are both good. When the older one gets up to bat the other team yells, "Back up!" to their team mates. He has even been told to go ahead and take first base, by the coach of the other team, without getting an opportunity to bat. The second son always smiles. Even if he strikes out, he always has a huge smile on his face and the parents always love him. He is one of the smallest kids on the team, and is two years younger than several of them, yet parents have told the coach to have him pitch to finish the game. They really are good, I am not just saying that.

Now my youngest son doesn't like sports. He doesn't have too many friends. However, when he was three he would sit on my lap and ask the sound of the letters on my t-shirts. He taught himself to read. By four he was a fluent reader. He would even help his older brother with his homework.

The baby is still to young to "wow" her with her specialness. I'll keep you posted on how great she is.

No comments: